Quote jetermacaw Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 5:43am
A VP players hands are his or hers livelihood. 💰😎

Edited by jetermacaw - 21 Jun 2018 at 5:47am
IP IP Logged
Tedlark
Video Poker Master
Video Poker Master

Quote Tedlark Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 7:57am
I was actually going to include a poker player's hands jeter. A video poker player could at least touch the screen with their tongue to hold/discard cards and to bet one coin.
IP IP Logged
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master
Video Poker Master

Quote DaBurglar Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 8:15am
Originally posted by jetermacaw

A VP players hands are his or hers livelihood. 💰😎

Yeah certainly that's one way to phrase it, I'd be inclined in the case of VP gamblers to call it "deadlihood" (or perhaps "DUD-li-hood") and not Livelihood because we ultimately wind up clobbered and in a hole, unless of course you are just there for the "entertainment" and the money doesn't matter  Buwaahahaaaa       It's always funny to hear people (myself included) rationalize or console oneself over losing yet again at VP with some spiel about how it's all "Entertainment" when in reality, one does not feel (or even act like) one was just "entertained".....

What does that have to do with original topic?   Not too much, although a wide angle tangent can be outlined by the fact that, since we live in a voyeuristic society with very few people able to carry on deep conversations, increasingly we look to watching such spectacles as a form of.......you guessed it.....ENTERTAINMENT.

For some others, this thread and the ensuing "keyboard cacophony" is entertainment....LOL

This is the ONLY website, or forum, that I frequent or participate on these days......I am NOT present or active anywhere else.   No Facehook, no Instagroan, no Twit.....errrr, no Snapchit.......just VP.com (with a focus on it's NON VP sliver relative to the rest of the whole site.     I find this "entertaining" while I pursue what passes as my Livelihood these days, toggling betwixt Ebay (and/or the occasional other auction-site or e-commerce platform/website).....
IP IP Logged
DaBurglar
Video Poker Master
Video Poker Master

Quote DaBurglar Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Tedlark

A plumber's hands are his livlihood; a carpenter's hands are his livlihood; an electrician's hands are his livlihood; a janitor's hands are his livlihood; a truck driver's hands are his livlihood, and the list goes on. Recognize a pattern?

The man FAILED TO OBEY A LAWFUL POLICE ORDER.

When I have a moment I'm going to attempt to find more details on what actually specifically transpired, what was said or uttered and by whom, etc.  But either way this point you insist on harping on as the "bottom line/ultimate justification" for what ultimately is an obvious excessive and deliberate misuse of force is one of the reasons (not the only one but a primary one) this issue of Police Dysfunction continues to happen.   It's also an example of cops making a job that clearly can be uncertain and dangerous at times, all the more dangerous and uncertain.  

This was a PARKING Violation, an obvious case of a very COLD late evening, with the parking lot mostly/completely empty, where this professional athlete (who it later is revealed assumed the cops must know and recognize him and is subsequently baffled as to why they'd be making him go thru all this and treating him this way, not to mention the fact he really wasn't doing anything anyway) made the understandable choice to sit idling in his car while his companion/passenger runs inside for something quick and brief.....Police notice him sitting there, a large African American Male, and instead of just asking him to "MOVE" and/or park properly in a proper space, initiate the ensuing confrontation and incident which ultimately results in the POLICE creating yet another legal and ethical headache for themselves.....

Let's get this part out of the way:   When a police officer requests you to do something, you should indeed comply, unless there is some overarching reason not to.....whatever they asked the player to do, you can clearly see from the scene the following important points:    He is standing there, calm and non combative, speaking in a reasonable and respectful manner while trying to not notice the cold, and while he is surrounded by at least six (6) cops watching him closely.     A lot of time transpires up to the moment they  ask him something like "take your hands out of pockets" 9I assume that is what they said or did)   They did not give him enough time to comply before leveling him to the ground.

The subsequent tasering, the comments caught on tape and the guy standing on his ankle, the moment they realize WHO they've actually messed with, the Mayor's comments and actions as well as the Chief's comments and actions ALL show clearly that these guys really screwed around and got caught.
IP IP Logged
Carcounter
VP Veteran
VP Veteran

Quote Carcounter Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:45am
DB, Whatever you feel about this particular case, the pattern we see is apparent. You always seem to find videos or articles exposing bad police behavior, but I have yet to see you comment on 2 NYC police officers (who btw were minorities) being ambushed and shot to death, or any other number of shootings of police by civilians. A little balance here would be good.
IP IP Logged
Tedlark
Video Poker Master
Video Poker Master

Quote Tedlark Replybullet Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 12:06pm
DaBurglar you brought up that a player's hands were important tools to him and he was obviously "protecting" these important tools. You were the one who brought hands into this thread.
IP IP Logged
Tedlark
Video Poker Master
Video Poker Master

Quote Tedlark Replybullet Posted: Yesterday at 10:42am
Where is DaCommentary on the two San Diego police officers that were shot overnight? The alleged perpetrator was wearing body armor.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2