Video Poker Forum

Active Topics  |  Search  |  Help  |  Join Now
Video Poker Games
 Video Poker Forum : Video Poker : Video Poker Games
Topic: jacks or better with a genie? Post Reply Post New Topic
mattellsworth
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Quote mattellsworth Replybullet Topic: jacks or better with a genie?
    Posted: 07 Jul 2007 at 9:56pm
I was at Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack in Farmington, NY today - and I found some 9/6 jacks or better - not a full pay out - but its a lot better than the 8/5 that I am used to at Turning Stone.

The 9/6 pay table looked normal but the straight flush was 300.

There was also a genie that popped up one time and turned my 2 pair into a 3 of a kind.

Anyone else familiar with this.  
IP IP Logged
shadowman
Video Poker Master
Video Poker Master

Quote shadowman Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 5:25am
These are NOT standard VP machines and the payback is NOT determined by the paytable. The payback is determined by a central server. Generally, it is in the 90-95% range.
IP IP Logged
mattellsworth
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Quote mattellsworth Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 9:15am
really?  that sucks... here I got all excited that I might have actually found a decent VP machine...

So even though the paytable looks good - the payout is actually controlled by something else... next time i go there i will write down the full paytable.  
IP IP Logged
bigboy

Quote bigboy Replybullet Posted: 08 Jul 2007 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by mattellsworth

So even though the paytable looks good - the payout is actually controlled by something else... next time i go there i will write down the full paytable.  

Don't waste your time writing them down. Empire City in Yonkers has machines that exceed "100%" payback, alas, it is just a mirage(actually, it would be a fraud in many places). The machines(Video Lottery Terminals) are basically an electronic "scratch ticket". A central server has already determined the total outcome of your respective hand. Irreregardless of what you hold/discard, the server has already determined what you will net for that hand. I believe the payback percentage is set at 92% for the entirety of the VLT's in New York State. Stay away from the v.p. machines at NY racinos as they are not skill-based games. The v.p. paytables function in the same manner as a paytable on a slot machine, it tells you what you will win for a certain combination. It doesn't tell you what the payback% is.
IP IP Logged
knagl
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Quote knagl Replybullet Posted: 16 Jul 2007 at 12:48pm
Right -- these Video Lottery Terminals are just like what bigboy said -- an electronic version of a scratch ticket, and it won't make a difference if you play the "video poker" there or a slot machine next to it -- your odds are (crappy and) exactly the same.
IP IP Logged
paappyhopalong
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Quote paappyhopalong Replybullet Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 5:30am
i find it to be chalenging and i play kinda fast this time i hope the game @ my machine can keep up.
IP IP Logged
jjohnston
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Quote jjohnston Replybullet Posted: 16 Aug 2007 at 9:03am
As stated-you could be dealt four of a kind-say four sevens and throw them away and you would get four eights dealt on the draw-tis is a fact-i"ve done it..
IP IP Logged
bicyclecardplayer
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Quote bicyclecardplayer Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2007 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by jjohnston

As stated-you could be dealt four of a kind-say four sevens and throw them away and you would get four eights dealt on the draw-tis is a fact-i"ve done it..

Wow so if that is the case if you threw away a dealt royal you would receive another one?
IP IP Logged
jjohnston
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Quote jjohnston Replybullet Posted: 19 Oct 2007 at 11:06am
You got it, also at Fingerlakes and Batavia the payback just published this week on the New york lottery games site under video gaming has the payouts -Batavia 91.58% and F.L. at 91.79% from april to now of 2007.(UNDER 92%)
IP IP Logged
leothelegend
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Quote leothelegend Replybullet Posted: 06 Nov 2007 at 8:09am
Vernon Downs (Upsate NY) has to have the WORST poker machines in the free world.  It is true like others have said, it is like a lottery scratch ticket(the N.Y Lottery runs the racinos), in addition to this, the pay table on the multi-line .05, .10., and .25 machines are terrible.  5 coins bet on each line gets you 1250 credits for a Royal(instead of the 4000 everywhere else) But if you take video poker seriously, dont waste your time here!!!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version